About My Blog

Welcome to 500 Days of Style! After a recent trip to my fashion capital of the world, Paris, I decided to amp up my style, and chronicle it on this blog!
Hope you enjoy it, and it inspires you to be super stylish (even on a low budget, like me!)
<3, Alix

Friday, December 13, 2013

Looking Fab on NYE

Dressing for New Year's Eve is my absolute favorite part of the year. There are some rules of thumb that are so easy to follow to look amazing and festive this NYE.

Some rules of thumb:

Color:
Deep red, white, black, and gold. Can't go wrong.

Textile:
Velvet, sequin, mesh, sweater, metallic (on occasion).

Cut:
Scoop neck, peter pan collar, deep V, skater, bodycon, maxi, babydoll (I'm trying to convince myself that this is coming back).

The touch:
Whatever you do, make sure to add a little element of sparkle and shine, like sequined pumps or a gold necklace.

Oh! And it's cold so don't forget to wear tights or fuzzy socks.


Here's what I mean:


Indoors with friends:


Velvet Corset Tunic | Shoe Cult Veronika Platform Bootie | Classic Rib Tights With Control Top | Half Moon Geo Necklace | Bone Midi Ring | Delicate Open Ring | Poshed Out Bag | Pull&Bear Edge To Edge Cardigan











When you'll be outdoors for a while:









Family Holiday Party:










Party Party:



One of my favorite looks is when the blazer is as long as the dress.
ASOS Tux Blazer in Longline | Out Of This World Bodycon Dress | Crackle Overholt Ankle Boot | Earthy Cutout Cuff | Kimchi Blue Velvet Hard-Case Clutch












Dinner/Office Party










Of course, the most festive you are the better...you can never go wrong with the good old-fashioned holiday onesie.




Happy Holidays to everyone and have a great and fashionable New Year's Eve!


No comments:

Post a Comment