About My Blog

Welcome to 500 Days of Style! After a recent trip to my fashion capital of the world, Paris, I decided to amp up my style, and chronicle it on this blog!
Hope you enjoy it, and it inspires you to be super stylish (even on a low budget, like me!)
<3, Alix

Friday, September 7, 2012

New York Fashion Week

New York Fashion Week is, as always, a great way to see upcoming trends for Spring of 2013.

Here are some of the collections and pieces that caught my eye.

Peter Som:
He calls it where "uptown meets downtown."
My favorite pieces:
(they're pointed!)

His jeweled collars and feminine patterns are stunning.

Chloé:
Her RTW (Ready To Wear) Spring 2013 collection wasn't great. It was mostly business suits and dresses, but I found few pieces I liked.
Here was one I thought was fun:
I've always wanted a cute raincoat and this raincoat/dress is awesome.

This dress was also nice, but I think I'd only like it if it was belted.
And this I absolutely hated:
It looks like a garbage bag.

Jason Wu:
I may only like this dress because one of my favorite models (Karlie Kloss) is in it...
DFDFS
On the other hand, I'm absolutely obsessed with his lingerie collection, so it's probably not a fluke.



Check out the detailing on that skirt! Swoon.

Hervé Léger:
My favorite collection thus far is that from Hervé Léger. It focuses on strong dresses. That sometimes falls flat, but often it's amazing. The standout pieces incorporated into almost every dress were various styles of the same leather corset, or... well I'm not sure how to describe it, but you can see here what I mean:







 Some of these I would definitely consider wearing myself.

Well that's all so far!

Before going, please enjoy this picture of Nicki Minaj and Anna Wintour (I think?) at NYFW:

P.S. If you want to watch live streaming of the runway shows go here.
Still to come today are:
5:30 PM Tommy Hilfiger Men's
6:00 PM Nicole Miller
7:00 PM Charlotte Ronson (I love her!)
7:30 PM Todd Snyder
8:00 PM Academy of Art University
9:00 PM Parkchoonmoo

Tomorrow:
9:00 AM Ruffian
9:30 AM Marissa Webb
10:00 AM Lacoste
11:00 AM Jill Stuart
12:00 PM Son Jung Wan
1:00 PM MM6 Maison Martin Margiela
1:00 PM Nina Skarra
2:00 PM Mara Hoffman
2:00 PM Marlon Globel
2:30 PM Rafael Cennamo
3:00 PM  Hervé Léger by Max Azria
4:00 PM Katya Leonovich
6:00 PM Vlov – Qingqing Wu
7:00 PM Monique Lhuillier
9:00 PM Venexiana

I'm most excited for Zac Posen (7:00 PM September 9th), Badgley Mischka (10:00 AM September 11th), Vera Wang (11:00 AM September 11th), Anna Sui (6:00 PM September 12th), and Calvin Klein (2:00 and 3:00 September 13)


Talk to you soon,
Alix



No comments:

Post a Comment