About My Blog

Welcome to 500 Days of Style! After a recent trip to my fashion capital of the world, Paris, I decided to amp up my style, and chronicle it on this blog!
Hope you enjoy it, and it inspires you to be super stylish (even on a low budget, like me!)
<3, Alix

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

First Day of Senior Year!


First day of school… all I can think is that this is going to be a very busy year until May. And (besides this blog) the only thing getting me through is counting down the days until June. Me and my best friend Hattie are going to England for a few weeks to tour and visit with her half-brother! Don’t worry, I’ll take lots of pictures to post.
I didn’t give a ton of thought to my first day of school outfit because I had given thought to it a few days before when I wore it for work. People seemed to think it was cute at school though, which rocked.


From top to bottom I wore: my long sleeve striped shirt, my black tank top, my high waisted shorts, and my pink Docs.
My long sleeve shirt is airy and light, and it was only $5 at a Goodwill in Maine! That was by far the best Goodwill I’ve ever visited. I got three shirts for a total of $13. The shirt can be worn without being tied and looks great with skinny jeans or leggings.
My tank is old and worn out—it’s a comfy cotton from Mossimo Supply Co. that I have had for years and years.
My shorts were a gift from Hattie. She bought high-waisted shorts from Goodwill and bleached them, destroyed them, and used friendship-bracelet string to embellish the pockets and belt loops.They’re a bit small on me now, but they are amazingly unique and awesome. 
More to come on my Docs—I’ll make a Doctor Marten appreciate post soon!
Here's another angle:



After school I had babysitting for an hour (I take my neighbors off the bus once a week) and then I quick changed into an outfit for my Love Culture job. I wore something I would love to wear to school, but I’m not sure if it’s quite appropriate. What do you think?



This is the studded bra I was nervous about… It was $15 at Love Culture and I love it! It’s so versatile but you can see why I don’t know if it would fly at school.
It can be worn tons of ways, but I decided to throw it under a sheer shirt I got from TJ Maxx for $13. I tied it and unbuttoned it to emphasize the bra.



Here’s how it looks buttoned. It’s sheer and very light—perfect for summer. It'll also be good for fall and spring because it works great over a pair of leggings.



To offset the grungy-extreme of the studded bra, I wore a delicate high-waisted skirt. I can’t remember now where I bought it, but it has gotten a ton of use. Unfortunately, it’s a bit see-through so underneath I wear athletic spandex from 344. If you need some, check to see if there is a 344 Outlet near you. All the clothes are the same as the regular store, it just sells the less-wanted colors for less! And I loved getting blue and green tie dye shorts for $5.



Hope you had a great first day of school! What did you wear?

Still to come: outfits that can be made with the studded bra, a Doctor Marten’s appreciation post, and regular fashion updates.
See you tomorrow!
Alix

1 comment: