About My Blog

Welcome to 500 Days of Style! After a recent trip to my fashion capital of the world, Paris, I decided to amp up my style, and chronicle it on this blog!
Hope you enjoy it, and it inspires you to be super stylish (even on a low budget, like me!)
<3, Alix

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

A Taste of Everything


Asian Models: According to an article from The Wall Street Journal written by Ray A. Smith, many major NYFW designers have been “diversifying their runways, in an effort to reach wider audiences, especially those in Asia and Brazil.” In 10 major label’s shows, there were 26 total Asian models, 8 more than in the previous NYFW.  

Boston Globe – Style 2012:
Trendspotting – color- and pattern-blocking is still in.
                Contrast collars are coming onto the scene.
                Baroque patterns are coming into the mix.
                Leather is still as big as ever.
                Peplum was the biggest trend I’ve seen on the runway and the streets.
Knit sweaters and jumpers are in season (finally!).
Key piece forecast – leather motorcycle jacket. It can be worn out to a date over a fancy dress, or to school over jeans and a tee. So versatile!

People watch: This is my friend from work!

She’s wearing Urban Outfitter shorts, a Forever 21 tee, and Aldo shoes and accessories.
While I was at work, my sister and her friends visited.  Here’s one of her friends’ bag:

She got it for a gift so she’s not sure where it’s from. It’s perfect! The size is great for the essentials without weighing down the whole look.  I love the colored pants too!

Sassy Saturday: As you may know, every Saturday at my job (Love Culture), we have what’s called “Sassy Saturday,” where we dress up in a certain style of clothing. This past Saturday was “Goth.”
Here’s what I wore (notice my "Goth" face):

And here it is without the jacket:

The jacket is Obey from Urban Outfitters, the fishnet stockings I have from a dance recital, and the choker and dress were both from a secondhand store in Boston called Second Time Around. The choker is sworvskey; normally it’s about $200 but I got it for $32, and it’s literally in perfect condition!

New love:
I found this RTW designer, Markus Lupfer, who’s fabulous. His pieces, of course, are extremely out of my budget. That doesn’t mean I can’t drool over them!

I love this sweater! The knit pattern is superb, and it looks amazing with the collared shirt underneath.

Amazing contrast.

This dress makes me want to cry, I love it so much. Another thing that makes me want to cry: it’s pricetag.


Shopbop.com is awesome for buying designer clothes. Here are some more of my favorite pieces available for purchase, from different designers.
(Keep in mind I’m only pulling out designers I am familiar with; if you want to browse all designers, follow this link: http://www.shopbop.com/actions/designerindex/viewAlphabeticalDesigners.action?folderID=2534374302167373)

I found a designer named “Alex Kramer”! Spooky. He does mod dresses, like this:



Alice & Olivia is flawless:




Alice & Olivia is one of my favorite labels that Urban Outfitters carries, aside from Silence & Noise.

BCBGMaxAzria has some gorgeous prom-style dresses, like these:



For prom dresses, they’re actually not exorbitantly expensive.

Cheap Monday jeans are to die for:


DSquared2 is perfect for anything biker chic:



Imagine them together!

Herve Leger is the king of colorblocking and body-con:




Marchesa’s gowns are to die for:

For more money than the cost of a round trip ticket to England, I could buy the most perfect prom dress ever created in the history of the world. Sigh.

Mink Pink is also available in Urban Outfitters; amazing RTW clothing:



Rag & Bone makes me feel happy inside:




Wildfox is queen of comfy designer:





Young, Fabulous, and Broke is great for the young and fabulous but not for the broke:


Zac Posen is amazing; his prices reflect the quality of his pieces:

(It’s over $1,500!)

Black Milk Clothing and Mr. Gugu & Miss Go:
Superimposing patterns and pictures onto clothing has become really big in recent years.  One of my favorite labels is Black Milk Clothing, an amazing homemade clothing franchise conducted online. It’s moderately expensive, which is why I haven’t bought anything yet.
Their patterns are out of this world, literally.

I love bones.


I’ve died and gone to legging heaven. (And she's wearing Docs too!)

Recently, I stumbled upon a similar online shop. The options are much more stunted, but the prices are more reasonable.

I’m pretty sure I’ll buy something from there, http://mrgugumissgo.bigcartel.com/, I’m just deciding between these three:
Any suggestions?






Talk to you soon,
Alix


No comments:

Post a Comment