About My Blog

Welcome to 500 Days of Style! After a recent trip to my fashion capital of the world, Paris, I decided to amp up my style, and chronicle it on this blog!
Hope you enjoy it, and it inspires you to be super stylish (even on a low budget, like me!)
<3, Alix

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Day One

Hi! Welcome to my new blog, 500 Days of Style... After a recent trip to the fashion capital of my world, Paris, I've decided to amp up my style, and to chronicle each day in this blog!

Day 1-Day at the Lake
I still have the chicken pox, so I'm trying to cover up my shoulders (boo:( ), but I managed to wear my new PacSun shirt, so that rocks :)

Clothes


- Hurley Shirt from PacSun: http://shop.pacsun.com/search/hurley/Womens/tees/Out-Loud-Boxy-Tee/index.pro  (it's on sale! and it's SUPER comfy)
- Shorts from Love Culture
-Underneath the shirt, I'm wearing a yellow tank top, also from Love Culture (http://www.loveculture.com/Item/ItemDetailView.aspx?StyleId=1020762 in yellow)

On hands:
Left wrist: 5 homemade friendship bracelets
Right wrist: leather bracelet from Italy and 3 recycled flip flop bracelets
Right middle finger: owl ring

Hair


2 braids in the back to keep it from my face

To do: french braid 2 braids (about 1/2 inch width each) until they reach the middle of the back of your head.  Then, for the top one, I used two black clips to secure in place, and for the bottom one, I banded with a black elastic and mixed in a bit of the non-braided hair from below

Look from the front:

Then, I took inspiration from a photo (below) to add in one more braid to my hair!



How it turned out on me:
To do: I grabbed a 1/4-1/3 inch section of hair near my part and braided it (not french) in the direction I wanted it to go, until it was long enough to be well behind my ear.  Then I added in a bit of my unbraided hair from under my ear to secure the braid, and banded it with a small rubber elastic
It ended up looking like this:

<3,
Alix

No comments:

Post a Comment